We want to make sure your application to the online UW Master of Science in Healthcare Administration goes smoothly. The following steps will guide you through the process.
If you have questions, contact an enrollment adviser at 1-877-895-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application materials need to be completed two weeks prior to the semester start to be considered for admission.
Starting your application early will ensure you have plenty of time to gather required materials (such as transcripts), apply for financial aid, and complete the University of Wisconsin System Online Admission Application.
Due to COVID-19, many institutions have transitioned to remote operations. When ordering transcripts, it is recommended to order e-transcripts only, as physical (mailed) copies may not be available in a timely manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university and a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for a provisional admission and should contact an enrollment adviser for more information.
- Official college transcripts.
- Prerequisite coursework in elementary statistics, medical terminology, and oral communication/public speaking.
- Your resume.
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic).
- A personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing the reasons behind your decision to pursue this degree and what you believe you will bring to the healthcare administration field. Space for the personal statement is included in the online application.
The GMAT or GRE are not required.
This program has been developed for working adults and it is strongly encouraged that students have a minimum of 2 years professional experience before applying to the program.
*Campuses may waive some of these requirements as part of the comprehensive application process.
How to Apply
While you are free to apply on your own, many prospective students find it helpful to speak with an enrollment adviser first. Our staff is here to answer your questions, talk with you about your career goals, and help you decide if this program is a good choice for you.
Step 2. Apply to your preferred home campus using the University of Wisconsin System Online Admission Application.
Step 3. Send your resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation; and arrange to have your official college transcripts (from each institution you attended) sent to the graduate student admissions office of the home campus to which you applied.
Formal admission to the program is determined by the campus to which you apply.
Financial Aid Options
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. See our Tuition and Financial Aid page for details.
Choosing a Home Campus
When you apply, you will need to choose a home campus. Your home campus is the institution from which you will receive financial aid, advising, career services, and your diploma.
Your choice of home campus is a matter of personal preference. Our campus partners share equal responsibility in the program, and you will take courses taught by faculty from all program partner campuses. As a student you will complete your degree or certificate entirely online. Your educational experience will be the same regardless of your campus choice, and your degree and transcripts will be identical to those earned by on-campus students.